9.4.11

Ooh How I Envy Your Life Tom Sawyer; I've read it by myself!


Guess what? I'm on my way to 'conquer' one of Mark Twain's 1870s 'kiddo' named Thomas 'The-Avenger-from-Spain' Sawyer! Currently on the early Chapter 29 from total 35 chapters. And, of course, it's to show that I'm pretty contra to the prettified-diction-version-of-Huckleberry-Finn (even though it's not Huck's, it's Tom's) cause it'll increase racism. Which is uber-not-good.
Yeah, I always buy the translated version due to my poor-ism; My parents always thought 'buy the original version is a sin for your pocket money'. However, I still praise Mark Twain to make Tom Sawyer 'immortal' for more than a Century, and the one who designed the cover of this translated version book; Dmaz Brodjonegoro. He made this book more 1876-ish, and more naughty (in a perspective of Tom Sawyer, of course!). Even though my 8th grader Bahasa workbook have spoiled some of the stories, I'm still curious, just like Tom does.
Well, after all, maybe this is the way Mark Twain want to tell you that "Every person in the world have their own childhood naughts; no matter how important they are now."

No comments:

Post a Comment