At first, I crave the 10.1 MP 1000D; the cheapest, the ones that suits my DSLR criteria, and I think "It won't hurt my parents' budgets much'.
Since I met and watch The Flying Dutchman's dA gallery (he uses the 1000D, until today), and since the 1000D is way too familiar, I started to change my cravings into the notorious 15.1 MP 500D, because it has a HD movie capable, like Thomassen does. You know I like recording videos too.
When this cutey patootey 18 MP 550D 'born' to the world, I decided to replace my cravings (again), because it really suits my criteria and pretty much better than 1000D in every aspects! This one have the awesome External Microphone Socket and Movie Crop function to increase the quality of a video. And, still, won't hurt my parents budget much for a 18 Megapixels DSLR! PERFETTO MAGNUMIFICO! I've found my true love
But this 18 MP 60D, the replacement of 50D, tried to tease me. Because it's kinda similar with 7D, the DSLR Andreea Retinschi (The photographer I adore) use. AND HELL YEAH ITS STANDARD LENS IS 18-135mm!!! So 60D's mission is succeeded at that moment.
When I went to Ambassador Mall (a mall in Kuningan, South Jakarta, ID. Well-known as 'The Gadgets Heaven' because its cheap price (only if you smart enough to make a deal hurrhurr) and it's complete gadget availability ranges) for price range survey, suddenly I fall for this enigmatic 18 MP 600D.
But since the 60D and 600D got a flexible LCD screen, and remembering that I'm such a careless kiddo, my parents said "They have flexible LCD screen, sweetheart. And since you're such a careless girl, We think you shouldn't put 'em both on your list, honey. 550D's better for you" Since they're superbly correct about it (and I realized my carelessness too) then I removed both of 'em from my list.
Months later, after National Exam, I fell for this 12 MP 1100D. But since it's a replacement of 1000D, and my Dad said "12 Megapixels? For a DSLR? Come on! A pocket camera can haz a 12 or even 14 MP Resolution nowadays! Better stay on 550D" and so I crave the 550D until today.
And if one of 'em is on my hand right now, of course I'll decide its gender, and name it. Since EOS is a name of the Goddess of Dawn in the Greek Mythology, I've prepare some suggestions:
Renee Dawnielle Zwart Aphrodite Focussianne (her first name is after both Renee Zellwegger and a Czech housemate of Big Brother Indonesia while Focussianne is named after my Analog Pocket Camera Franz Ferdinand Frederickssen Focussianne)
Marishka Nyx Seraphina Noirette Negroitta Digicalle Quattro (while her first name is after my KPopper Dutch bitch Mariska Viska ;) hurrhurr)
Ramona Persephone Pilgrimuffin Svarttya Highdefinitionne (this one is inspired from the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World hurrhurrhurr
Sondre Attennette Helios Sort Lerche (and this one is named after Sondre Lerche so his name will be Sondre Lerche, Jr. hurrhurr ;p)
Perseus Giulliano Nero Fibonacci Leto Fernandez (his nickname sounds like the same name program for burning CDs -_-")
Keenan Speedlighter Hermera Schwarz Hasslich (I'm so mean to name a DSLR with Hasslich -_-")
Okay I'm so insane to create all of these names JUST FOR A STUPID LITTLE DSLR -_-"
And some of people I know ask me; "Why Canon? Why not Nikon?" Well dunno why I've became a Canonian since end of 2009. AND YUSH IMMA HALF-BLOOD IN FOTOGRAFIE. Cause I'm a Fuji-Canon-Kodakish, from 2003 'til nowadays. AND NOPE I DO NOT LIKE ANY OTHER LABILE TEENAGERS THAT BUY THIS JUST FOR HYPE, I DECIDED TO BUY A DSLR TO SUPPORT MY PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS. But actually it's my Dad's desire, and also, The Flying Dutchhman's (well his desire's told indirectly hurrhurrhurr). Hahah love you both, you know I HAVE to improve my skills so well Ik Hou Zoveel Van Jou and I'll try harder ;*
(Photo credit: dpreview.com)






No comments:
Post a Comment